CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 14, 2009

a hair-erasing experience

The day before we flew to Utah for Christmas, very shortly before we were leaving to drive up to Portland to stay the night, I was upstairs and Ains was downstairs watching a movie. I checked on her, and she wasn't there - so I came down and looked for her. I opened her door - and there she stood scissors in hand. First I was mad, and yanked the scissors away. After putting them in non-reachable place I walked back to her room and screamed realizing just how much she had cut off. Then I srarted to cry over it - hair has always been a big deal to me, don't know why. She was already crying for numerous reasons - she couldn't get the door open (her knob sticks sometimes) so she had an accident since she couldn't get out to get to the bathroom, then I yelled, screamed and worst of all started crying. We called my mom so she could talk to her and I just cried the whole time. Yes, I had expected a self-barbering at some point- but I expected short bangs, a lopsided bob, not quite what we got...



the hair all over the floor

These pictures really don't quite show the damage well. The entire top of her head had hair 1-2 inches long, and the back right side had an area about the size of her palm that was seriously buzz cut short. I just kept trying to get her to wear a hat, which of course was very unsuccessful! We got it cut the next afternoon into a pixie, and cut again last week into a very short pixie. It looks cute now that we've gotten used to it, but the planis still to grow it back into a bob. If I don't put a bunch of product in it, it lays down so flat she could be mistaken for a really cute little boy. Also, the bed head is like 100 times worse and she hates for me to do anything with it. Plus, I miss pig tails. I'm hoping by this summer it will be long enough to be a layered bob at least - we'll see. I'm not looking forward to the growing out process, but I don't want bed head like this forever.

1 comments:

Melissa said...

I heard about that! Luckily it does grow back, but still so hard when it happens! Glad to get caught up! :)