CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Ainsleigh stuff

No, not any pictures, just some update stuff. I have some photos i'll post later this week, but Brody took our camera with him to Reno. We went to the coast for a few days last week and got some pictures there. When we got there Brody showed Ains the ocean and the waves. We thought she way saying "waves spash, waves spash". So Brody would repeat, "yeah, the waves go splash." She would say "no, waves spash." I started paying closer attention to what she was saying and realized she was signing whale. She was really saying "whales splash". I asked, are the whales making the waves, she said yes. I had to explain that on Dora the whales splash their tales to make waves to free baby humpback whale from being stuck on the rocks. Everyone (including me, of course), thought it was so cute, and so smart that she couls relate the two!! She loved being at the coast. Most days it was too cold to spend very long on the beach, but we would go for short times. The place we stayed at had an inside pool and spa, so we went swimming everyday - I think she would have lived in the pool if we let her. We also went to the Tillamook Creamery - they had big cow statues that she kept asking if she could ride, and she got her first ice cream cone (she's had ice cream before, just not on a cone) - and only a few drippies on the shirt. I thought it was funny she picked her ice cream by color - the green one. Chocolate chip mint, which I knew she would like, but I think she just liked the color, oh well, I was grateful - light green is a lot easier to get out than brown chocolate. Ains is growing taller all the time and beginning to look and act more like a little girl. She can say her abc's all the way through and count to ten no problem. She also started doing somersaults last week. She is still just a crack up and loves to be the center of attention and play with friends. Today as soon as we sang the closing song at stake conference she said, "yeah nerfwy." We ended up staying 30 mins after to play with and visit with anyone and everyone to avoid a huge meltdown over the fact that there was no nursery. I kept telling her and she would just say "no, nerfwy." Hope this find all doing well.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

That is so cute! Asher is finally doing better at getting dropped off at nursery. She's better if Curry drops her off. She screams if I do! So fun you can go to the beach!!

Unknown said...

I don't know many 2 year olds that love nursery. She is such a social butterfly. You won't have any problems with her being shy! I can't wait to see her later this summer.