CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 9, 2008

BIRTHDAY TIME - cake decorating






For my second attempt at decorating a cake, these didn't turn out too bad. I had to make decorator's frosting twice, because my Crisco was bad - good thing I tried it before starting to decorate - it was NASTY!! I had planned a "happy flower" theme all along, but first tried doing one with a star tip, it turned out terrible, so I scraped it off and started over. I included pictures with and without the smiley face because without it these are pretty nice looking flowers, i'd seen them before on someone's cake for a bridal shower.

4 comments:

David and Kimber Strasser said...

Your cake is really cute. Nice work! Hope Ains had a great birthday!

Brady and Rachel said...

Great job, you've got a great talent with cakes. I'm impressed. The only cakes we ever do are 9x13 with frosting from the store and sprinkles. Brady's sister-in-law however goes all out (made a golf one for her husband (with a mini golf cart on and everything- putting green, etc) and some cool construction scenes with toy buldozers, and race car tracks with CARS race cars. You guys are both so talented and have a lot of patience. Not I, at least not yet anyways. Maybe one day

Joel & Lila said...

too cute! Will you make a birthday cake for me in May? I will swap duties with you...what do you say? Family pictures for a cake?? Deal or no deal?

Anonymous said...

that is so cute you are amazing at this cake stuff!