CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

follow ups, new stuff, random questions

Hello all, I think I have a few new pictures, now many though... Just thought I was write a quick note...

Has anyone else been getting random comments on their blogs? I got one that is acting like it's giving me or scanning for a virus when I try to link to their site, then I got one from a mom something blog, a brasilian webcam blog that likes my ladybug videos, and one that just said warning and to click on it, but with the whole wierd clicking on the other, I just don't.

As for the the JELLO CATASTROPHE... No, I didn't freak out. I realized quickly it was mostly my own fault - I gave her a big heavy bowl full of jell-o, she probably spilled it trying to move it so she could get down, and then realized how much fun it could be. Unfortunately, when she was sick, we got in the habit of her eating on the couch because she basically lived there for 4 days. I spread a towel out on top of her (hence the one in the photo), and we get no spills on the couch. I just wasn't thinking that day of how big/heavy the bowl was, and totally forgot she had it because she was watching a Dora show so quietly (this is normal) while I was cleaning the kitchen. Yes, my couches are totally cleanable and it didn't stain. If they weren't very cleanable they would've been very stained from the puke fest a few weeks before. But, my little green machine (a carpet, etc cleaner), does amazing work. Without that, I might have freaked out due to the amount of scrubbing required. But, with it, I was able to make quick work of it. I just put her in the tub so she couldn't make any more messes.

We had a fun afternoon today, my 1/2 sister Jamie and her family were up from So Cal visiting her mom about 1 1/2 hours south of here, so we met in the middle at a children's museum in Eugene and then went to lunch. It was the first time for Ainsleigh meeting those cousins, but she immediately latched on and cried when we parted ways. It was great to see them, and nice to jsut play. The weather has been really rainy lately, so we haven't been able to go to the park, which Ainsleigh has requested almost on a daily basis for the last week. We tried to go an indoor park cooperative thing on Monday. It took about 30 mins to find the place, (I could never get good directions), then when I finally found it I found out it had been dissolved because everyone was going to a different place that I had already gotten directions to twice. At that point she and were both so frustrated I said to heck with and we just went to do the grocery shopping.

Not much else is new around here. I am constantly trying to figure out how to keep up with housework, I found a schedule on one of Erin's friends websites that I think I might modify to my 3 days a week home so I don't feel like i'm constantly behind or neglecting Ainsleigh to be able to do it. We'll see, housework has never been my strong point. After Ainsleigh being sick, me not being well, then her party, i've just been out of my routine and i'm in a bit of funk getting back into it - you know?? I have to give a talk on Sunday, and I think that's weighing on me. I always feel extra pressure when I talk on holidays - like it needs to be spectacular or something. But, I have been getting some good ideas popping in and out of my head, so hopefully by Sunday I can get them all on paper and organzied, and long enough. Anyways, i'm just grateful for everything I have. Sometimes I think I get so wrapped up in the everyday grind of life to take step back and look at all i've been given. Have a wonderful day!!

5 comments:

Katie said...

i'm thinking you need to change your settings on your preferences. under "settings"..."basic"...set to "NO" on "Add your blog to our listings?" and "Let search engines find your blog?"
maybe then, people who you don't want to find you WON"T

Unknown said...

I haven't had any random comments yet? I know there is some way that allows you to view comments before they post permanently. I guess you have to ok the comment. don't know how to set it up though? So what one of my friends did you get the cleaning schedule from? I'm following one from a friend of mine and its working wonders. I wonder if its the same? Anyways, good to hear from ya. Have a great day!

Joel & Lila said...

I was getting random comments, and to stop it I put on the letter verifier. That has stopped them completely because usually the spam comments are computer generated. So by adding the word verification and eliminating the ability to post anonymously, it helped...100%

PS I can't wait to hear you speak on Sunday...fun

Brady and Rachel said...

Good luck with your talk. I did get a couple random comments, but I did what Katie did and haven't had any problems. The letter verifier would work great too, I need to do that as well.

Unknown said...

I don't have a specific cleaning list other than a few ideas from friends that I've put together. This is what I do so I can have "Free days" during the week.

Monday: Laundry day (all laundry including towels) and meal plan day. (I plan 2 weeks of meals and make a grocery list so I only have to make one trip every 2 weeks)

Tues: grocery shopping day and errands. I do everything I need to out of the house that day. (the next tuesday is a free day since all my grocery shopping is done)

Wed: Deep clean day. (I wash sheets every other week) I do toliets, mopping, bathtubs, etc. every week.

Thursday: FREE day. (If I have extra laundry to do I'll do it this day.)

Friday: FREE day (mostly because I work every friday)

Saturday: FREE day!

Sunday: FREE day!

So basically I try and do all my work at the beginning of the week. So on the days I do have off (Thurs and every other Tues/Sat) I can do whatever i want. I have followed this for 2 months now and love it!! Don't know if this will give you any ideas for yourself. Good luck and if you do find the cleaning list let me know cause I'd like to look at it too for more ideas.