CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 2, 2008

I've been tagged

Erin tagged me to answer these questions about my husband...

What is his name? Broderick "Brody" Dean Pack

How long have you been together? 7 1/2 years - we completed 7 married years yesterday!!

How long did you date? Just over 4 months.

How old is he? Just turned 29

Who eats more? Totally me, he has the typical Pack appetite, and I have a real one. Unfortunately, that shows with our weight, too - he's never weighed more than me, once we got within 3 pounds of each other!

Who said I love you first? I think he did, I was still afraid to be "committed", even though we basically already were.

Who is taller? Brody - about 6'

Who sings better? definetily me, Brody doesn't even sing out loud all the time, I have been known to sing in choirs sometimes, he'd rather die than do that.

Who is smarter? for everything but medical, probably Brody. He's more intelectual, and I think he does more everyday learning, like with politics. He also enjoys going to school WAY MORE than me.

Who does the laundry? It's probably split, I put more loads in, and switch them over more, but Brody does his work clothes most of the time and anything else that needs to be done, and he does a lot more folding than I do. Generally, we both put our own clothes away, and I take care of Ainsleigh's. He also does all of his own ironing, he's much better than I am at it.

Who pays bills? He does, initially it helped to have him keep track of how much money we have, now I think it's just easier for him to continue because he's much more organized than I am.

Who sleeps on the right side? Depends on if you're facing the bed or not, facing the bed, I am now, but we just switched sides when we moved to OR, generally it's just so that i'm closer to the door so I can get Ains if she wakes up.

Who mows the lawn? He does 99% of the time.

Who cooks dinner? Me - Brody doesn't enjoy cooking like I do, he doesn't have enough time to, and once he's home in the evenings Ains is basically attached to him.

Who drives? He does - always, I think I have driven 2-3 times in 7 years - because he was either sick or really really tired. I hate driving, and he doesn't like the way I drive and can't sleep anyways.

Who is more stubborn? He is - he'll argue until you see it his way, but if it matters enough to me i'll fight back until it drives him flat crazy. It's something he actually loves about me, that i'll fight back and put my foot down if it matters.

Who kissed who first? I did - I just couldn't wait any longer.

Who asked who out first? I don't know, we had a strange beginning of our relationship - we met on our mission and were friends (and only friends), when I came home he called me and we talked on the phone for 2 hours, then we talked more and more regularly for about a month until I moved back to Utah. By the time I moved we were basically already "together", even though nothing had really been stated, actually I was still saying we weren't going to date exclusively and I was going to date others and get into LDSSA activities and stuff - but it didn't happen. Our first date, I think, was homecoming to the U of U, I guess I kind of asked becuase I wanted to go to it, but it wasn't really asking, it was just assumed we were going together.

Who proposed? Brody - I knew he had the ring, I had gone with him to pick it up the day my nephew Cayden was born because we were both off work and halfway there being in Ogden. But I also knew he hadn't talked to my family yet and my dad was on the way to Utah driving and I didn't think he had any way to contact him. We weren't planning on getting engaged until around Thanksgiving, after he had met my stepmom and I had met his grandparents serving a mission in DC, plus we thought getting engaged in DC would be cool. So, we went to the temple for a date, he got a phone call when we got to the car and told me it was his mom discussing Christmas gifts for me, and we decided to drive around the neighborhood up by the capital in Salt Lake. He found a really great look out spot (it's actually the one that the guy goes to in Singles Ward to think), and said he was getting out to to look at the city. At first I wasn't going to get out, but he convinced me to. we looked out at the city, I got snow in my shoe, he got down on one knee and got it out, and I thought, "oh my gosh is he going to do it?!" But he didn't. A few minutes later I turned around and he was back on one knee - and that was that. He had actually had to make quite a few phone calls to get ahold of my dad, even calling my aunt he had never met, and the phone call was from my mom returning his message so he could get her permission.

Who has more friends? I think me, except while we lived in Florida - he had way more.

Who is more sensitive? Definetily me, but we're both pretty literal creatures - we tell it like it is and then get over it. It would cause problems for a lot of people, but it works quite well for us. If any of you are familiar with color personalities, he's red i'm yellow and neither of us have very much white or blue - the more sensitive personalities.

Who has more siblings? I guess he does, the oldest of five. I grew up with just one, but if you count all of mine even those i've gained over time I am the younges of 5 (one full sister, one half sister, one step sister and one step brother).

Who wears the pants? Brody does, no questions. We're actually a great pair at working together and doing what each is good at, but in the end if only one has to, he does.

All in all, Brody is the perfect person for me and I for him, no matter how difficult we may each seem to be to get along with, and i'm grateful for that every day of my life. We are a great pair.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad to you did my tag. Its crazy how much you can learn from even people you think you already know really well. I had no idea how Brody proposed or how long you guys were engaged. I guess I was pretty clueless at that time in my life.

Joel & Lila said...

I take a raincheck on my tag...I will post about Joel sometime in the near future...thanks for sharing though!