CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 29, 2008

Yuck!!




Well, I think the stomach flu has hit our house. We've all been battling cold flu stuff off and on for a while, I think we just keep passing it around. Ainsleigh and Brody have both had bad coughs and congestion for a while, but there has been a stomach flu going around both at church and at daycare. I have been not so eagerly awaiting it, but expecting it none the less. This morning as I was doing the last few things to get myself ready to run errands - still had to get her ready, I heard the very distinct sound of puking. I ran out to the stairwell, and there she was, new robe on, and looking very distraught over what had happened. She threw up 3 more time in the next 2 minutes, in a way I knew wasn't just from coughing. So, we scrapped the plan for going out, and have hung out here today. Her newest obsession is Dora & Diego, i've got to get a video clip of some of the words & sayings from that. The rest of the morning was spent chilling on the couch wrapped up in blankets. She has still been drinking well, and only thrown up once since the first episode, so maybe we got a quick run through of it :). I couldn't resist a picture of her all curled up on the couch, and she was happy enough to say cheese for me, only after each picture was taken. She's been asleep for 3 1/2 hours now, so i'm sure that will help, and I sure have been able to get a lot more done around here. Well, I best be going i've got fold all the laundry i've been putting in while cleaning the house up. Have a great day everyone, hopefully mine remains the same.

2 comments:

Katie said...

ya know, when my kids get this, honestly 90% of the time, that first puke is also the last. rarely has it even gone more than a day! she's so cute in her little make-shift bed. i totally remember when my mom would make me a bed in front of the tv when i was sick, so safe! love ya!

Anonymous said...

oh i am so sorry i hope she gets better love ya all! have fun! :)